Through support of many different individuals assistance is available for those who cannot afford to attend any summer camping experiences. Camperships are offered on an application basis as money is available. Click here for Campership form.
Camperships are subjected to the following conditions:
- The Scout pays as much as possible.
- The unit or chartered partner organization pays as much as possible.
- The unit provides money-earning opportunities (popcorn sales, community fund raisers, etc.) for Scouts to earn their own way to camp.
- Application should only be for the balance needed after the above resources are exhausted. The maximum campership issued will be half the program fee.
- May 1 is the deadline for all campership applications.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Side one completed by the parent/guardian. Side two completed by the unit leader and unit committee.
- Each Scout applying for a campership needs a completed application.
All campership applications must be turned in by May 1 of the year in which the campership is being requested. Once an application has been turned in, it is reviewed by the Cub Scout or Boy Scout volunteer camping committee and notification is sent.
For questions on the campership process please contact the Howard H. Cherry Scout Reservation Camp Director.