Browse by Category: General Council
May 24th is the last day for all early bird registrations for Cub Camping events including Day Camps. After May 24 late fees will apply. Make sure to follow up with your camping chair to make sure all camping registrations complete.
For all new scouts recruited during spring recruiting events that join after the May 24th deadline the late fees will not apply.
May 31st is the last day for all early bird registrations 2013 Boy Scout Camp After. May 31stlate fees will apply. Make sure to follow up with your camping chair to make sure all camping registrations complete.
Join us for Fun and fellwoship at your Red Cedar Roundtable. Gather information on upcoming events and learn new skills and ideas from your fellow leaders.
Roundtable is a great "one stop shop" for Scouting resources. It is open to all scout leaders. Each month will feature a general session with updates on upcoming events and other important information. This is followed by a breakout session for Cub and Boy Scout leaders to get great ideas, tips, and tricks to take back and use with their scouts. This is also a wonderful opportunity to speak with volunteer members of the district committee who serve as a resource for leaders.
June Roundtable is our annual DUTCH OVEN COOKING CONTEST! Don't forget to get your entries ready!
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
Hawkeye Area Council
June 9-15, 2013 Camp Waubeek
NYLT is a seven-day, high-energy, outdoor youth leadership development adventure. Conducted by a trained staff of volunteer Scouts and Scouters the course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he must KNOW, and what he must DO. Content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. NYLT will:
• Give participants the confidence and knowledge to run the troop program.
• Give participants knowledge of leadership skills and how to apply them in their own troop.
• Allow participants to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other troops.
• Provide an opportunity to experience Scouting at its best.
• Enhance the relationship between the participant and his Scoutmaster.
• BE FUN!
To be eligible to attend a Scout must:
• Be a First Class Scout, or a Venture crew member before the start of the Conference.
• Be at least 13 years old by the start of the Conference.
• Have participated in a minimum of 12 nights of Boy Scout camping, 6 of which may include Summer Camp. Basic Scoutcraft skills are a prerequisite to be successful in this Conference.
• Currently hold a leadership position in the troop or have the potential and DESIRE to serve in such a role.
• Be recommended by his Scoutmaster or Crew Advisor to attend the Conference.
• Participate (encouraged but not required) in Troop Leadership Training prior to the Conference.
Registration is now open. Forms are available here! Enrollment will be limited to 36 attendees.
NYLT is a great opportunity for the youth of our Council to gain leadership skills and confidence in a setting where they can experience Scouting at its best. NYLT will make a difference in the lives of all the participants, giving them the tools to make significant contributions to your unit.
If you have any questions please contact course Scoutmaster Fred Ullrich (email: email@example.com)